Number of Job Openings Available:
May 23, 2023
62799920 Penny George Institute for Health and Healing Southwest
Day (United States of America)
Variable shift length
Hours Per Week:
Provides help with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations as part of a physician/nurse team. Works in both inpatient and outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of a treatment team. Serves as an educator, case manager, consultant to staff and multidisciplinary health care team.
Key Position Details:
- Provides advanced clinical consultation and education to patients and health care team members from an integrative or functional medicine point of view
- Provides authentic and creative leadership, serving as a role model
- Provides clinical expertise in integrative or functional medicine to enhance programs for identified patient populations
- Utilizes, participates in, and disseminates research to enhance practice
- Continuously seeks to increase the quality and value of services provided to our customers
- Honors the dignity of every individual in every interaction
- Forges multiple enduring partnerships built on a shared vision of service and quality
- Creates an environment based on trust, which frees each person to perform at their maximum potential, and promotes individual and mutual accountability
- Integrates knowledge, skill and experience in order to continuously improve self, customer service, and quality
Additional Job Requirements:
- Board Certified in Integrative Medicine or Functional Medicine Certification required within two years of hire.
- Experience in providing Integrative Medicine or Functional Medicine consultations strongly preferred.
- Experience in women's health strongly preferred.
About the Penny George Institute for Health and Healing:
Founded in 2003, the Penny George Institute is the largest integrative health center embedded in a health system in the country. We are a national leader in integrative care, and we are part of Allina Health, the largest health system in Minnesota. We have helped tens of thousands of individuals on their path to health or healing through our clinics, fitness center and services for hospitalized patients.
Our Mission and Approach
The Penny George Institute's mission is to combine leading medical practice with ancient healing wisdom to optimize health and wellness in the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision is a nation of healthy people rooted in the knowledge that mind, body and spirit are interconnected and inseparable.
- Provides clinical care for patients
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Determines diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Orders and interprets medical diagnostics in tandem with attending physician.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, therapy and medical equipment.
- Conducts patient education when working to manage chronic illness or wellness care.
- Refers for specialty care when determined.
- Consults with physician when patient needs outside of Nurse Practitioner scope of practice, diagnosis or treatment plan is unclear.
- Participates in health care team
- Promotes communication within the team and other interdisciplinary health care staff.
- Acts as resource to members of the team.
- Works with primary care team for program development.
- Acts as liaison with outside agencies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree Completion of accredited NP or PA program required
- 2 to 5 years Minimum 2 years experience in Women's Health or Integrative/Functional Medicine
- NP or PA
- BLS Tier 1 - Basic Life Support - Multisource required upon hire and
- ACLS/BLS Tier 2-Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Multisource preferred
- Drug Enforcement Administration upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently