UMass Memorial Health - Harrington is currently seeking a full time Hospitalist to join our Hospitalist Service in Southbridge, Massachusetts.
About UMass Memorial Health - Harrington
The newest member of the UMass Memorial Health system, Harrington serves patients from more than 25 communities across south-central Massachusetts and northeastern Connecticut with a comprehensive array of health care services through:
- Harrington Hospital in Southbridge provides medical and surgical inpatient care, 24-hour emergency services, inpatient adult psychiatry, an intensive care unit and comprehensive outpatient services.
- Harrington Hospital at Webster is an outpatient facility anchored by the 24/7 Remillard Family Emergency Department and 16-bed inpatient co-occurring disorders unit. Additional services include primary care and specialty physicians, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, cardiology, and an advanced sleep lab.
- Three additional major medical office buildings Harrington at Charlton, Harrington at 169, also in Charlton, and Harrington at Spencer houses primary care and specialty physicians, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, physical therapy, outpatient behavioral health, audiology, and a Wound Care Center with hyperbaric oxygen chambers.
- Harrington Physician Services, a primary care and multi-specialty physician group, consists of more than 60 physicians located in offices in Brimfield, Charlton, Dudley, Southbridge, Spencer, Sturbridge and Webster.
- UrgentCare Express at Harrington serves as a walk-in medical center for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries, open seven days per week in Oxford;
- The Cancer Center at Harrington in Southbridge allows patients to receive advanced, local oncological and hematology care, including chemotherapy, radiation and pain management. The service is joint venture partner with 21st Century Oncology.
Our suburban, small-town location is within easy reach of world-class museums, colleges and wineries, cities of Boston, Providence, Hartford, Worcester, and Springfield and the New England coast, including Cape Cod and the mountains of New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
We are a versatile organization with a dynamic group of staff, physicians and administration. We strive for excellence in each of our employees, while providing our patients and their families with the most advanced care available.
Southbridge, Massachusetts is located:
- One hour from Boston, MA and Providence, RI
- Forty five minutes from Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA
- Within a half hour of Worcester, MA
- Easy drive to New England seacoasts and the mountains of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine
Highlights of the opportunity include:
- Inpatient coverage is provided by our in-house Hospitalist Service
- Highly competitive salary and outstanding benefits
- Signing bonus and relocation reimbursement
- Tuition loan reimbursement
Employee shall provide Hospitalist Medicine Services at UMass Memorial - Harrington, located at 100 South Street, Southbridge, MA.
Under the guidance of the Medical Director of Hospitalist Program and in accordance with the Bylaws of the Medical Staff, the Employee shall be responsible for the provision of care as a specialist in Internal Medicine to patients admitted to the Hospitals Hospitalist Service.
In providing the Hospitalist Medicine Services, Employee shall:
- Provide services as an attending physician in internal medicine to unassigned patients and patients admitted to the Hospitalist Service, and consultative services in internal medicine to other inpatients.
- Perform initial evaluations on unassigned patients, patients admitted to the Hospitalist Service, and those other patients as requested by any attending physician of record, or their covering physician, or other health care professional (private patients). Perform initial histories and physical examinations ("H&P") with a written plan of management and orders for all patients evaluated during his scheduled hours rendering Hospitalist Medicine Services. Each such H&P shall include the following:
- Chief complaint;
- Details of the present illness;
- Relevant past, social and family history;
- Relevant review of systems;
- Physical examination to include inventory of body systems and vital signs;
- Conclusions or impressions; and
- Course of action or plan.
- Active Massachusetts License
- Active Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration
- Active Federal DEA
- Board Eligible required, Board Certified preferred