Internal Medicine Associate Program Director Opportunity in Gainesville, Florida - Gainesville, FL, USA
Job Summary: HCA Florida North Florida Hospital in Gainesville, Florida, in conjunction with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine (UCF COM), is seeking an Associate Program Director for their established internal medicine residency program.
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency program
- Ability to obtain Florida medical licensure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Opportunity to help lead a program that operates under a 4+1 resident rotation model
- APD will split their time between their own clinical practice, administration of the residency program and resident supervision.
- Applicants with experience as academic teaching faculty or prior chief residency duties are encouraged to apply.
- The incoming provider will have the ability to practice in an outpatient clinic.
- Candidates must be board certified in the field of internal medicine.
About Graduate Medical Education at HCA Florida North Florida Hospital:
- Employment opportunity through HCA Healthcare
- Competitive compensation
- Great comprehensive and flexible benefits program
- PTO and CME time and allowance
- Occurrence-based malpractice
- Strong support system
- Teaching physicians will receive faculty appointments and collaborate with other UCF COM faculty.
About HCA Florida North Florida Hospital:
- HCA Healthcare has over 270+ residency and fellowship programs across the country
- The hospital established Graduate Medical Education in 2016.
- The hospital 6 residency programs and 2 fellowship programs with 173 resident / fellow positions.
- On-site Simulation Lab.
- The internal medicine program is accredited for 60 residents and maintains continued Accreditation status.
Nestled in the landscape of North Central Florida, Gainesville is known for its preservation of historic buildings, art, cultural diversity, and the beauty of its natural surroundings; including numerous springs, lakes, outdoor parks and museums. Not far from either coast, Gainesville is just a short drive to sandy beaches and some of Florida’s most notable attractions. Recognized as one of Florida’s most livable cities, Gainesville is an innovative city that combines both a small and big town feel.
- A trusted community hospital with 510 licensed beds located in Gainesville, Florida
- Provides full-service medical and surgical acute care
- Three freestanding emergency service locations, in addition to main ER
- Accredited Chest Pain Center & DNV-GL accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Ranked top two in HCA Healthcare for stroke care in 2020
- Certified as a Key Top-Quality Performer by Joint Commission
- Evolving Graduate Medical Education Program