Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Hartford HealthCare, the largest and most integrated healthcare system in Connecticut, has a new opportunity for an Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, to join our growing team to provide value based care to Oncology Patients primarily in outpatient settings, located at The Hospital of Central Connecticut’s Cancer Institute Plainville location , and surrounding areas/locations.
Some highlights of this opportunity include:
- Hartford HealthCare (HHC) Cancer Institute is a fully certified member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance. The MSK Cancer Alliance is an initiative designed to establish partnerships between MSK and local care providers. Through the open collaboration that is facilitated by these partnerships, community cancer caregivers are in a better position to provide state of the art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering stay ahead of cancer.
- Oncology APP’s will be involved in triage and the spectrum of outpatient management of cancer patients including, urgent visits, chemotherapy pre-treatment visits, follow up appointments, and ongoing survivorship care.
- Opportunities for professional advancement / trainings through Hartford HealthCare’s unique relationship with Memorial Sloan Kettering.
- M-F day time schedule with both outpatient and patient rounding and consults in the hospital
- A welcoming team that is committed to your growth and development through support, collaboration, and mentoring.
- Competitive compensation, matching 401k, tiered medical, and CME reimbursement.
- We support your development and wellbeing through the respected Hartford HealthCare’s Office of Advanced Practice - an internal organization committed to the growth and development of our Advanced Practitioners , and the groundbreaking Office of Provider Wellness.
There are no limits to what you can achieve when you join the Cancer Institute at Hartford HealthCare. The extensive capabilities of the most integrated healthcare system in CT offers Oncology Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners MORE OPPORTUNITY as you practice with nationally respected colleagues in a progressive, physician-led environment. Our broad network includes seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in New England with more than 1,000 providers.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel your career to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, innovators, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Located between Boston and New York City, Connecticut offers you and your family access to a lifestyle that is second to none. Enjoy the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, and options to live at the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas. To put MORE GROWTH IN YOUR CAREER, apply today!
Eligibility to be licensed in Connecticut as a Physician Assistant (PA), or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), is required.
Eligibility to be certified as a Physician Assistant (PA), or Nurse Practitioner is required.
Oncology experience as a PA, NP, or RN is required.
A minimum of 1 year of experience practicing as an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is highly preferred.