Meaningful careers at Borrego Health
No matter what you do at Borrego Health, your job makes a difference in our patients lives. Whether you are a provider, nurse, medical assistant, accounting clerk, or simply support the Borrego Healths mission in other ways, you will be helping families in underserved areas of San Diego, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties through your work. Our employees display Borrego Healths Core Values every day.
YOUR HEALTH, OUR MISSION
Why Borrego Health
Borrego Health offers career opportunities that not only help you focus on changing and making a difference in the lives of others but also enhance your own life.
Borrego Health consists of a team of professionals committed to making a difference in the communities we serve by delivering quality healthcare services. Join a team that is expanding services and advancing technology in underserved areas of San Diego and Riverside Counties.
At Borrego Health, we are proud of the talented, knowledgeable and dedicated employees who have helped build our tradition of excellence in healthcare. At Borrego Health, we provide a positive, supportive and innovative work environment that can help employees transform their own lives and grow professionally. Whether you have many years of experience or are just beginning your career, we invite you to learn more about the opportunities at Borrego Health.
Join our team and make a difference today!
Location(s): Borrego Medical Clinic
Under the direction of the CMO, our physicians provide continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire families regardless of sex, age, or type of problem. Delivers care appropriate for an out-patient, primary care community health center with a multicultural, multilingual patient population and within the scope of his/her specialty and training.
- Provides quality care to the patients of Borrego Health, within the scope of practice outlined by state or federal law and understands the organizations commitment to provide the highest quality of patient care.
- Examines patients, formulates differential diagnostic plans, orders or transmits an order for x-ray, other studies, therapeutic diets, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy and/or nursing services.
- Interprets examination findings and test results.
- Initiates, reviews and revises treatment and therapy plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding their physical or mental health.
- Initiates and facilitates the referral of patients to specialists, appropriate health facilities, or services when required.
- Administers or prescribes medications (if applicable)
- Instructs patients in their proper care and treatment alternatives.
- Performs minor outpatient surgical procedures as included in the core privileges. (if applicable)
- Utilizes Tele-Medicine when required.
- Meets Borrego Health Clinical Performance Measures (UDS and HEDIS measures).
- Must be capable of meeting the established productivity standards.
- Contributes to BCHF's Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program, a model of primary care delivery designed to strengthen the patient?clinician relationship, focus on the person and patient self-management and engagement, by providing comprehensive and coordinated care in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the CMO.
- Demonstrated ability to practice medicine in the State of California by evidence of a current and valid license.
- Demonstrated ability to prescribe controlled substances by evidence of a current and valid Federal Controlled Substances Registration Certificate.
- A minimum of 1 year experience post completion of clinical training
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- All staff that is presently working within a clinic is required to have a current and valid CPR certification on file with the Human Resources Department. This is for clinical and administrative staff. CPR certification must be obtained through the American Heart Association. Internet certificates do not comply and for this reason are not valid.
Borrego Health offers benefits plans that help you stay healthy, meet your financial goals, and achieve a balance between your work and personal life.
Borrego Health offers the following benefits to full-time providers:
- Medical Coverage with low co-pays to no co-pays
- Pharmacy discounts from the Borrego Health Pharmacy
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Low-Cost Individual Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances (Disability Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Accident Insurance, etc.)
- Continuing Education Reimbursement (CME)
- Medical Scribe program to assist with charting
- UpToDate - Clinical Decision Support
- Medical Malpractice Liability Protection through the FTCA
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
Loan Repayment Programs
Borrego Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center and participates in the California State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP). The SLRP provides loan repayment assistance to healthcare professionals who provide healthcare services in federally designated California Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA). Borrego Health's HPSA score averages 18 for Medical Clinics and 20 for our Behavioral Health Clinics. Please note HPSA scores may vary and depend on location and services of the assigned clinic.
To learn more, please visit website at: