Advanced Practice Provider
Full time or Part Time for our Cartersville CTC in Cartersville, GA
The APP is to assist the Physician with leadership, quality assurance, oversight and overall medical management of the clinic within the boundaries of state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. Responsibilities include planning, organizing medical and clinical practices; providing direct patient care and assisting other departments with direct interactions with physicians or medical staff.
Through decades of work, researchers have found that the use of MAT is both safe and effective in helping people who are addicted to opioids experience better outcomes. While some methadone clinics offer one medication to help reduce the detrimental effects of withdrawal, our CTC's use both methadone and buprenorphine.
- Oversees and is responsible for the quality, efficiency and management of delivering medical services within the clinic;
- Defines protocols and assists in decision making pertaining to the medical care of patients that is consistent with current medical practice and CTC policies and procedures;
- Provides oversight to other professional medical staff, as well as administrative or support staff, as designated;
- Serves in a teaching capacity for the training and development of other personnel;
- Responsible for securing physical exam and history from the patient, reviewing medical records, making medical evaluations, request appropriate diagnostic testing, prescribes medications and treatments, assists in the management of behavioral or mental health problems of patients, maintains current medical records in accordance with federal or state regulation, and clinic or corporate policies and procedures; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer previous experience in behavioral health or substance abuse treatment
- No history of alcohol or drug misuse for a period of three years before employment
- Current license to practice medicine by Georgia
- Board certification or certificate of admissibility for board certification
- Current DEA credentials to prescribe controlled substances without restrictions and per regulation within the state in which the practitioner will be working
- Additional specific DEA credentials may be required, per state and clinic regulations or policy
Andrew Diffenbaugh 615-905-1731
Physician Opportunities | Acadia Healthcare